I put high priority on teaching and helping students learn mathematics. Occasionally it seems that I have been successful. Student feedback has generally been positive (see Evaluations). I am a Project NExT fellow (Silver 12). In addition I have been recognized several times for teaching:
- 2015 MAA Iowa Section Award for Distinguished Teaching
- 2014 Cassling Family Faculty Award, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, Iowa State University.
- 2014 LAS Early Achievement in Teaching, Iowa State University.
- 2011 Robert Sorgenfrey Distinguished Teaching Award, Department of Mathematics, UCLA.
Iowa State University (2011-present)
- Math 165 - Calculus of one variable (Fall 16, Fall 18)
- Math 166 - More calculus of one variable (Spring 17, Fall 18)
- Math 201 - Introduction to proofs (Fall 11)
- Math 265 - Calculus of several variables (Fall 11, Spring 12, Fall 12, Fall 13, Fall 15, Fall 17)
- Math 304 - Combinatorics (Fall 12)
- Math 314 - Graph theory (Spring 13)
- Math 492 - Undergraduate seminar (Spring 13)
- Math 510 - Linear algebra (Fall 15)
- Math 566 - Discrete optimization (Fall 17)
- Math 595 - Mathematics of juggling (Fall 13)
- Math 595 - Spectral graph theory (Spring 17)
- Math 607 - Graph theory (Fall 13)